Saturday 21 September 2013

Visit to Cheshire Cats Car Club

Last Sunday, my son and I visited the Cheshire Cats Car Club which is in Congleton in Cheshire. The track size is larger than our club, and what was most noticeable was the carpet had much more grip.  At our club, quite a few of us use Schumacher Wet tyres which offer more grip than the usual Sorex 28's, but at Congleton, the Sorex 28's went back on the cars.  As the day went on and the grip got better, my sons car also ran with no tyre additive, and he still had more than enough grip.

There were 3 heats, my son went in the race with the kids, and I went in with the fast lads, which probably wasn't the best idea !  I finished forth but the car held up well against a Schumacher Mi4LX and a Tamiya 417v5, and may have finished closer but for driver error and inconsistency. The other 3 drivers ran quicker motors and / or boost against my 17.5 turn Yeah Racing Hakamoto.  I was slower down the straight, but was able to keep up through the infield which is a real credit to the much cheaper Spec R S1 car. I find the car is excellent through a tight infield, is able to change direction quickly, and gives superb turn-in on a tight track.

Below is some video footage of one of the races.  Mine is the predominantly white looking car with the coloured sides.

 
I find the handling of the car very good, and consistent, and as my confidence in the car grows I am able to set faster and more consistent lap times.  My set up hasn't changed apart from using Sorex 28 tyres on this occasion on a more grippy carpet against my usual Schumacher Wet tyres. The set up can be found here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment