Saturday 19 October 2013

Review of Spec R Aluminium Servo Mount

R1 Alu. Central Servo Mount



Last Thursday night I tried the Spec R Aluminium Servo Mount for the first time on my Spec R S1 touring car.  I had ordered it directly from the Spec R website, and it arrived in about a week.  The part is a direct replacement for the two servo mounting posts, so I removed the old servo mounts and screwed the servo to the mounting holes on the new mount, before fixing the mount to the chassis using the two screw holes below the top plate.

I then took the car to the track in anticipation.  Immediately, the car felt more responsive which is due to the added flex.  The car felt like it changed direction quicker and felt more planted through what was a tight, twisty, slalom style infield, which was also quite a quick track.  The correct line through the infield was important to get a quick, smooth lap, and the new servo mount provided the flex and responsiveness to be able to do just that.

All in all, a worth while addition to the car and I look forward to trying out more upgrades in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment