Saturday 10 January 2015

return to racing

Hello again,

Welcome back to my blog. I've not made any posts recently due to working away and not racing very much. Whilst away, I did manage to race a few times at a club near to where I was working. There, I was disadvantaged by using a 17.5t motor against the club spec of 13.5t, most running boost, on a track with a longer straight and sweeper than at my usual club, where I can just about get away with the slower motor.


The car coped better on this particular track (above and below) as there wasn't a long straight and sweeper, and the switchbacks  were handled very well.



I have to say, the Spec R car coped admirably, holding its own in the tighter infield sctions, only being out paced on the longer straight. The set up on the car allowed it to be driven quite tight into corners, enabling defensive driving against quicker cars. I find the car to be quite responsive and quick to change direction which was demonstrated in the tighter infield track sections.

On another blog post you will see the new Spec R R2 car which has a number of improvements on the previous car.


1 comment:

  1. Are you still running this car or active in racing?

    ReplyDelete